Like it always said “The better you know the better you can do” in everything and for everything. This same applied to your skincare, whether your skin type is dry, oily, sensitive, or a combination type. The best way to treat it right is to understand the type of your skin and then treat it will the right products in a precise quantity.
know skin types
From the type of face wash, toner, moisturizer, the right amount of scrubbing, and how often you try steaming or which skincare and makeup products will suit you, it all highly depends upon your skin type.
By understanding your skin well you can keep your skin away from plump-up aging, lack of hydration and keep it healthy from inside.So stay here and read to know about your skin type its needs and some pro tips!
How to find your skin type:
When it comes to skin type there are five major groups:
- 1. Oily Skin
- 2. Dry Skin
- 3. Normal Skin
- 4. Sensitive Skin
- 5. Combination Skin
- Oily skin: If you often find your skin greasy or sticky on your forehead, cheeks, nose, and chin area and it’s prone to more acne, whiteheads, and blackheads. It’s all normal signs of oily skin. People with this type of skin require a fewer amount of moisturizers and more cleansers. The pros of having this type of skin are your skin didn’t age early. It stays moist and soft for a long period.
Pro Tip: Try to use light gel-based products, it will do wonders for your skin. Plus products contain aloe vera can also be used to minimize the oily effect in day-to-day life & know skin types.
- Dry skin: People with this type of skin struggle frequently with dry patches and flakes or dullness effect due to lack of natural moisture. You can see it visibly on the forehead cheeks, and chin area. Moisturizers and body lotions are their best friends. You can deal with ease by using the right products for your skin and drinking a good amount of water every day.
Pro Tip: Usage of hydrating, cream-based products are necessary along with natural oils such as essential oils that can be beneficial for the skin.
- Normal skin: The blessed ones with graceful glowing skin. This type of skin holds the right amount of mixture without getting shiny. Your skin feels soft, glowy, blemish-free, and elegant. The most privileged skin type rule it all with its well-balanced amount of natural skin oil at the right quantity.
Pro Tip: Usage of nature-based products will best work for your skin. Avoid skincare and makeup products with a high amount of artificial ingredients. It can affect badly on your skin.
- Sensitive Skin: This skin type demands everything extra from care to maintenance and all in between. People with sensitive skin need to be too choosy and careful before getting anything new for their skin. It’s highly suggested to patch check products before applying them on the face.
It will save you from a wide range of allergic reactions, and problems such as redness and irritation, breakouts, inflamed, and immediate reaction due to certain ingredients.
Pro Tip: Check the ingredient before buying any new product and consult with a dermatologist for your skin problems at an early stage.
- Combination skin: Its first sign can be felt when you feel oiliness only on your forehead and nose area shortly describe as the T-zone and the remaining area of your face feels dry. Sometimes chin also started feeling oily. Choosing products wisely that can keep your skin hydrated and remove the right amount of oil from it. You can mix up and try the gel-cream-based products but watch out for the right amount of both quantities.
Pro Tip: You can use a mix of Gel and Cream-based products if you cannot find a product for combination skin you can also go for the sensitive skin variant.